scrambled roasted cauliflower and tofu
I’ve been sick again with a cold for the last week and all I have craved is soft comfort food. Cauliflowers are cheap again and I had recently bought two. I had roasted one of them in the oven the previous day.
When I woke with a sore throat, I thought of scrambled tofu for breakfast. I remembered that I had used roasted cauliflower in a quiche and thought I would give it a try in some scrambled tofu.
It was so delicious that I ate it three times over the next two days.
This is just an easy scramble of medium soft tofu, pieces of roasted cauliflower, kecap manis and sriracha.
I think I am always going to include some roasted vegetables in my tofu scrambles from now on. It adds to the texture and the flavour and lifts the tofu above the ordinary.
I ate mine with some toasted sourdough. I feel better now.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup roasted cauliflower pieces
- ½ block medium soft tofu
- 1 tsp kecap manis
- sriracha to taste (I used probably about 1 tsp)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the tofu and cauliflower pieces and mash with a fork to a scrambled egg consistency.
- Fry until it starts to catch slightly, stirring.
- Add the kecap manis and sriracha
- Stir until well heated and brown.
- Serve with toast.