savoury corn and chilli muffins
I love savoury muffins, much more than the sweet kind.
Savoury muffins make a great snack, a good meal with a side salad and work well in a lunchbox where 10 seconds in a microwave will revive them, making them great for taking to work. They also freeze well.
These ones are my favourite. I used to make them before I was a vegan. They have a Mexican themed flavouring with smoky chillies, tomato, corn and coriander. They also have ZUCCHINI in them, which is a bonus since I am now struggling to keep pace with the zucchini bounty. 🙂
Muffins are really easy to make, just chuck all the dry ingredients in a bowl, throw the wet ingredients in, stir briefly until just combined and cook for 20 minutes. You can put anything you like into a muffin (within reason) and they’ll almost certainly be delicious.
I ate these ones warm, with some Butter Me Up from Half Pint Vegan Dairy and some red pepper relish.
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup grated vegan parmesan style cheese (I used Vegusto Piquant)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ dried chipotle chilli chopped finely
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg replacement (I used Ogran No Egg)
- 1 cup of liquid (stock, water, non dairy milk)
- 3 tbs oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
- Roughly combine all the ingredients in a large bowl except the egg replacement, liquid and oil.
- Mix the egg replacement, liquid and oil in a small bowl.
- Add the llquids to the dry ingredients and mix until just barely combined.
- Drop the mixture into a greased muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
2 thoughts on “savoury corn and chilli muffins”
Ooh I love savoury muffins too! The flavours in these sound delicious and with some half pint butter…omg. I have only had the one tub that I picked up at WVD, I wish it wasn’t so expensive…what with my Miyoko’s addiction as well I’m going to go broke!
Yes our addictions are not cheap! 🙂