green fritters – zucchini and broccoli
I am a firm believer in the truth that most things can be turned into patties or fritters and they will taste good.
At the moment I am putting grated zucchini into everything. My hand has been forced by the neglect of a few zucchini that have grown into monsters in just a few short days. You can see a couple of them lurking in the background of the photo. They are about 40cm long.
For dinner I decided to make some green fritters, so called because everything in them is green. They are not spiced apart from some parsley, garlic, salt and a small amount of grated dried up vegan cheese that I found lurking in the fridge. The zucchini and broccoli are not hidden in these fritters. They are the stars. The two work well together with the zucchini forming a soft background and the broccoli providing a little bit of bite.
They are easy to make and delicious and they take just five minutes to prepare, and a little more than 10 minutes to cook.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup broccoli chopped roughly into about 1 cm pieces or smaller
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 15 grams grated vegan parmesan
- 2 tsp oil
- Put the grated zucchini into a colander, sprinkle with the salt.
- Steam the broccoli for a few minutes, it still needs to remain firm.
- Squeeze the zucchini firmly with your hands to remove as much water as possible.
- Put the broccoli, zucchini, chickpea flour, garlic and parmesan in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the mix to make 4 large or 6 small patties.
- Turn the heat to low and cook each side for 5 or 6 minutes.
2 thoughts on “green fritters – zucchini and broccoli”
Yep I’m with you there about pattyfying and fritterfying things, ditto for crumbed. I don’t care if I hate a particular food, if it’s crumbed I will eat it 😉
Crumbed too for me. I had a friend who said she always felt loved when someone bothered to stuff a vegetable! 🙂