carrot and beetroot salad with garlic and dill vinaigrette
After my few months of Smith & Deli sandwich consumption, I need to get back to some lighter eating. The weather has warmed up so it seems right for salads to make a big comeback in my diet.
This one I discovered at a dinner at my sister’s a few months ago. I’ve been meaning to make it since. It is a simple grated carrot and beetroot salad with a garlicky vinaigrette dill dressing.
I was clearing the garden beds for the spring planting and removed the last of the carrots and beetroot and this salad immediately came to mind. The carrots are some beautiful heirloom ones, purple on the outside and orange inside.
It is a combination of sweet, earthy and bright flavours and much more than the sum of its parts. The dill really makes it.
It’s such a delicious and beautiful way to eat your veggies.
- 2 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 1 medium beetroot peeled and grated
- 1 serve of vinaigrette recipe here made with ½ clove of crushed garlic
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbs chopped dill fronds
- Combine the vegetables and herbs in a bowl. Add as much of the vinaigrette as you like and toss.